- JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
- WORK LOCATION: North Star Reach, Pinckney, MI
- FULL/PART TIME: Full-Time, 8:00am – 5:00, some evenings and weekends are required
- REGULAR/TEMPORARY: Regular Exempt
- REPORTS TO: Facility Maintenance Director
- DEPARTMENT: Maintenance Services
Provide assistance to the Facility Maintenance Director in the operations of camp, including its buildings, grounds, equipment, volunteers, vendors and other camp personnel. Act as a backup when the Facility Maintenance Director is unavailable.
- Inspect equipment to determine maintenance needs by performing sight, sound, and feel inspection on motors, fans, pumps, thermostats, and plumbing, heating or electrical equipment.
- Obtain and keep current a pool operator license.
- Inspect, lubricate, charge batteries and perform minor equipment repairs such as fixing or replacing pulled or frayed cords, hoses, belts and brushes; assemble new equipment.
- Replace or adjust door knobs, striker plates, hinges and stops, auditorium seats and toilet seats.
- Replace electric cords and plugs, lights, ballasts.
- Clean roof drains, and flat roof.
- Repair or replace ball cock assemblies, faucet washers and components, flush valves and shower valves.
- Unplug commodes, urinals and sink drains by cleaning P-traps and sewer and water lines.
- Perform minor furniture repair, such as re-gluing, tightening of arms and legs and bracing.
- Repair or replace ceiling and floor tiles.
- Adjust and maintain door closers and panic exit devices.
- Install, repair or replace venetian blinds and rods.
- Replace screens and window component assemblies.
- Prepare inspection reports and work orders for repairs.
- Clean and change filters on air, oil and water lines.
- Shut down machinery in emergencies or for maintenance.
- Repair small holes in plaster or drywall.
- Install and repair dispensing machines for toilet supplies, wall hampers, chalk trays and boards, bulletin boards, movie screens, pencil sharpeners, coat hooks, cabinets, shelves and mirrors.
- Clean and paint equipment and fixtures.
- Clean assigned areas of work and equipment and seal machine room floors.
- Custodial duties such as:
- Surface clean and/or wax furniture, mirrors, venetian blinds, toilet rooms and fixtures
- Vacuum, sweep, strip and wax floors; shampoo carpets and clean upholstery
- Stock restroom supplies and maintain an inventory of supplies
- Make beds and change linen
- Open or lock buildings or rooms
- Collect and transport waste materials
- Shovel ice or snow from entrances; clean grounds; mop wet floors and stairs
- operate mechanical cleaning equipment
- Clean and paint equipment and fixtures
- General Laborer duties such as:
- set up and take down tables and chairs
- pack and unpack boxes
- manually transport boxes and equipment
- assemble, disassemble or move equipment or fixtures
- Maintain an inventory of and order supplies in accordance with guidelines.
- Operate single unit motor vehicles, such as vans, pick-up trucks, station wagons and dump trucks.
- Remove snow from walks, drives, paths, and parking lots, utilizing shovels, snow blowers and tractors with a power broom or blade.
- Operate lawn care equipment, tractor under 30hp, mowers, whip cutters, and chain saws.
- Maintain grounds by mowing, weeding, cultivating, raking, and pruning shrubs, grass or plant ground cover; clean and maintain parking lots; install street posts and signs; maintain plant beds as well as observe and report diseases; load and unload trucks; and transport refuse or other waste materials as needed.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must have a valid driver license with no more than 6 points.
- Candidates will need to drive a department vehicle on and off property.
- Contributes to a positive work community by approaching work with diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind; treats others with respect, dignity, and in a manner where individuals feel they belong; listens, values feedback, and learns from the perspectives of others.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally with a diverse clientele base is critical.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality record is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks; meet multiple deadlines; and work collegially and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion with sensitive and confidential information is required.
- Must be able to work independently as a critical member of a team, while demonstrating cooperation and flexibility.
- Previous work experience in facilities/operations is strongly preferred.
- Candidate must live within 25 miles of the camp.
- Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- This position will require weekend and evening hours as needed. This position is expected to be available during spring, summer, and fall camp sessions. Winter camp sessions may be added.
- The person in this position routinely moves furniture and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires some work during early mornings, nights, and weekends.
How to apply
- Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- North Star Reach conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you’re interested in volunteering your time and talents, you can learn more about opportunities by visiting our Volunteer page.