Program Team Associate
Position Overview: If dotting i’s and crossing t’s are more than just a favorite hobby, Marie Kondo is someone you consider a kindred spirit, and you dream of spending summer at camp impacting the lives of others, you might be a candidate for our full-time Program Associate position.
As a key member of our team, you will support staff, volunteer and camper recruitment, assist in the operation and management of camp programming, provide general administrative duties and serve as a primary point of contact for visitors during camp sessions. The ideal candidate possesses an infectious positive attitude, makes others feel special, is willing to grow and learn, understands camp culture and can work autonomously with strong organizational and leadership skills. Occasional travel along with evenings/weekends are also expected for recruitment, fundraising and other events.
This position requires living on-site in furnished accommodations during camp programs (summer resident camps/spring and fall family camps) and work out of our Ann Arbor office throughout the rest of the year. The compensation package does not include benefits other than generous paid time off.
Reports to: Director of Camping
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Staff & Volunteer Recruitment
- Assist in the recruitment, screening, interviewing, hiring, processing, training and support of new and returning staff and volunteers
- Give informational/recruitment presentations
- Coordinate scheduling and preparation of materials for new staff and volunteers for interviews
- Manage new staff and volunteer reference and background check procedures
- Ensure all requirements for volunteers/staff are completed prior to camp sessions
- Assist with scheduling and communications in preparation for camp sessions
- Maintain staff and volunteer database and provide reporting
- Coordinate post camp surveys and service award nominations
- Assist with staff and volunteer recognition (holiday party, fellowship in the city)
- Coordinate staff and volunteer arrival prior to camp sessions
- Ensure training materials are updated and distributed prior to sessions
- Assist with implementation of pre-camp orientation and training
- Serve as a member of the Camp Emergency Response Team
- Support application processing, uploading forms
- Assist with compiling and coordinating rosters and nametags
- Assist with scheduling and communications
- Attend recruitment events/conferences
- Greet visitors, receive deliveries, answer phones, coordinate camper mail/email
- Provide program and administrative support during on-site camp programming
- Assist with automated notification (calls, texts, emails) system for staff, volunteers and campers
- Participate as part of the program team and represent North Star Reach at events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office suite, web-based portals and database management experience
- Public speaking proficiency
- Capability to work independently while exercising good judgement, decision making,patience, persistence and problem solving
- Ability to provide quality customer service as well as deal with conflict and challenge in a way to create positive results
- Willingness to accept guidance and supervision
- Desire and ability to work on-site during camp programming and work with children and adults in an outdoor environment
- Valid Michigan driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Occasional daily and overnight travel along with evening/weekend hours
- Physical strength to lift/move equipment and supplies (up to 40 pounds), walk over 10,000 steps a day outdoors during summer camp sessions and climb one flight of stairs to provided housing (alternative ground level accommodations are available if needed).
North Star Reach conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third-party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
North Star Reach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org