Tuesday, November 27, is GivingTuesday, an annual 24-hour day of giving fueled by the power of social media to support and champion causes millions of people believe in. Join us in celebrating and supporting North Star Reach by participating in our GivingMooseDay, named after the “mooseness” spirit that shines bright whenever good people come together to make good things happen. On this annual day of giving, you can help by spreading the word about the power of camp for children with serious health challenges and encouraging friends and family to support camp with a gift.
You can help by following these four easy steps:
1.) Connect with North Star Reach on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
If you aren’t already connected with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, be sure to follow us before November 27. That way you can help share our #givingmooseday social posts. Facebook friends will be able access our exclusive GivingMooseDay frames, as detailed below.
2.) Become a GivingMooseDay Influencer
A GivingMooseDay Influencer is someone who volunteers to promote North Star Reach across their social networks on Tuesday November 27. You can do that by sharing our posts and tagging a few of your friends who may be willing to donate on our website to support camp experiences for kids with serious health challenges, at no cost to their families.
3) Moose-ify Your Profile Picture & Raise $25 for Camp
We’re excited to announce that several generous donors will donate $25 to North Star Reach each time someone shares one of our custom GivingMooseDay Facebook frames on November 27. With $5,000 in our GivingMooseDay Challenge Fund, we need 200 followers to moose-ify their profile picture to collect the full amount.
It’s super simple and you’ll help to raise the dollars we depend on to bring life-changing camp experiences to our campers and their families. Here’s how to join the fun and support camp, all at the same time:
To update your Profile Picture on your laptop or desktop:
- Starting at midnight on November 27, go to www.facebook.com/profilepicframes
- Type “North Star Reach” into the Search field and select the frame you’d like to use (the GivingMooseDay frames are only available to North Star Reach fans, so be sure to Like our Facebook page!).
- Click Use as Profile Picture to save.
- Use the #givingmoooseday hashtag and make your post public. You can do that on Facebook by clicking on the drop-down arrow next to the Post button and choosing “public”.
To update your Profile PIcture from your mobile phone:
- Go to facebook.com/profilepicframes and follow the steps above for desktop/laptop users.
If you’d like to add a custom frame using Facebook Camera:
- Open your Facebook app and access the Facebook Camera.
- Access your camera roll and select your photo.
- Click on the effect Star icon in the bottom left and then scroll through options until you see the North Star Reach selections,. Follow directions to Share. (As we mentioned above, only fans of North Star Reach will be able to access our custom frames, so be sure you Like our page).
- Be sure to use the #givingmooseday hashtag.
4) Make a donation & enter a drawing for an exclusive 2018 T-Shirt
Visit our donation page to make a tax-deductible contribution. Because we depend on outside donations to provide life-changing camp experiences to our campers and families, your gift, no matter the size, will make a huge difference. Your generosity will help us welcome even more children with chronic and life-threatening illnesses and their families to camp next year.
The T-shirt drawing is open to anyone who makes a donation on our website on Tuesday, November 27. We will notify 10 lucky winners and confirm T-shirt sizes in early December. (Ben and Sarah, two of our awesome program volunteers last summer, show off the T-shirt style.)